Essential oil - Wintergreen
Essential oil - Wintergreen
Organic Wintergreen essential oil is essential in the aromatic kit of athletes who want to protect their joints and muscles, and seniors who want to find comfort.
Ericaceae botanical family
Latin name: Gaultheria fragrantisima
Essential oil obtained by distillation of the leaves
From controlled organic farming: Certisys-BE1 control
Capacity: 10 ml.
The fragrant wintergreen - Gaultheria fragrantissima - is native to Asia, particularly Nepal where it thrives at high altitudes. The procumbent wintergreen – Gaultheria procumbens – is native to North America. The essential oils of both species are clearly interchangeable on a biochemical level since they contain 98 to 99% methyl salicylate, an ester. The difference between the two wintergreens is at the margin. Gaultheria procumbens is the simpler of the two. Gaultheria fragrantissima contains other esters and aldehydes in trace amounts. Therefore, their smells are not exactly identical, this one being particularly odorous, as its Latin name indicates. We also prefer this species because it is certified “organic”. We are more reserved about the methods of cultivation and conservation of Gaultheria procumbens.
The essential oil extracted from wintergreens is antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-rheumatic. It relieves joint inflammations such as arthritis or tendinitis. It soothes muscle cramps. It is frequently associated with Eucalyptus citriodora for external use. She is also hypotensive.
The aroma of wintergreen is warm, deep, evocative of embrocation, of tar. It is a good cordial, in both senses of the word, capable of warming the body and the soul.
Precautions for use
- Do not use during pregnancy or breastfeeding, or in young children.
- Do not use orally, harmful if swallowed.
- Do not use for diffusion.
- This oil tends to be irritating when used pure, be sure to dilute it sufficiently for skin use.
- Thinning effect, do not use in individuals following anticoagulant treatment.
- Do not use in people allergic to aspirin (and salicycle derivatives).
- Keep out of reach of children
- Avoid all contact with eyes
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
Thanks for supporting a local business, we would like to offer you the shipping cost for your first order. You will have the rate cost list for future purchases.
The delivery will be dispatched after our physical store opening, at the approximate end of September. We will give you a follow up of dates and tracking order.
Delivery times depend on the destination. Normally within Belgium it will take between 2 or 5 labor days.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RETURN YOUR PRODUCT?
Please send us an e-mail to psychestore.be@gmail..com with your order number and the reason for your return or exchange.
Returns are possible within the next 14 days from the date of the purchase. All goods must be returned unused and in perfect condition and preferably in their original packaging. Returning your order is at your own risk and you are responsible for the shipping cost.
Return it to the address below:
Rue des Eperonniers 18
We advise you to read the caring instructions you will find in the reverse of each clothing piece.
- For nobel materials such as cotton, silk and linen we advise you to clean it at 30°.
- Reversing your garment before laundry will avoid fabric and color changes.
- For more ecological and longer life of your garments, let them air overnight after each use to avoid additional washing.
You will find general advice for caring for your jewelry on the website of each designer.
The caring advice can change according to the origin material and finishes.
LEATHER GOODS PRODUCTS
Majority of the products are treated against moisture and dirt, but it's still necessary to keep your handbag clean to make them last longer.
- Brush off visible dirt with a soft and clean brush. For your lacquered bag you can use a dry cloth.
- Clean with a damp (not moist!) cloth to remove invisible dust, dirt, pollution, etc. If there are no visible spots left, this should suffice. For your lacquered bag you can use a dry cloth.
- If there are still spots, try using a leather cleaner, but the type of products depends on the kind of leather of your bag. Always try your product of choice on a piece of leather on the inside of the bag first!
- If you have suede leather, try using a suede rubber to remove spots before you go all in with a cleaning product.
- Just like our skin, leather needs some moisturizing to stay supple. If you don't clean and moisturize, your leather will wrinkle and dry out overtime. But there's a tricky part to this story… Some types of leather need a different approach.
When you're not using your handbag, keep them in their dust bags. Also, to keep the shape of the bag, try to fill it with some paper during the off season.